Moving can be one of the most stressful things in ones life. With all the things to get done and items to remember it can be overwhelming. Below are the top ten things to remember when you are moving.
1. Have a timeline and stick to it.
2. Chose a reputable moving company. You can check the AMSA’s promover for a list of reputable movers.
3. Don’t forget about the pets. They have special needs when it comes to moving, you just can’t box them up and send them on the truck.
4. Transfer prescriptions, phone service, cable service and any other utilities the day of the move.
5. Pack the items that you will need for the trip before the day of the move and have it separated from your other belongings. Don’t forget that tooth brush.
6. Make sure to carry your cell phone with you or give the # that you will be at to the movers.
7. Don’t forget about the kids. Moving is hard on them, try to make it fun and let them help pack up the their toys.
8. Make sure that you use proper packing technique if you are packing yourself. If you don;t know how to pack you can contact moving professionals and they can pack for you.
9. Try and relax, occasionally little things may go wrong. Don’t let them get to you. Find a solution and move on.
10. For the most part moving is a good thing. Whether its because of a promotion or you are moving to a better home remember that it won;t take long to settle in.